Is there any induction melting furnace factory that is not clear about the classification and naming principle of induction furnaces?
Today, Hani Metallurgy will tell you about the classification and naming rules of induction melting furnaces.
1. According to the Material of the Induction Melting Furnace Shell:
Induction furnaces can be divided into steel shell furnaces and aluminum shell furnaces. Many induction melting furnace factories will have a question when buying intermediate frequency furnaces, that is, what are the difference between steel shell intermediate frequency furnaces and aluminum shell intermediate frequency furnaces? Which is better? Or which is more advantageous in production?
First of all, from the perspective of safety, general furnace materials with large capacities need to be extremely rigid structures, and the hardness of steel is obviously higher than that of aluminum. Therefore, the steel shell intermediate frequency furnace is safer, more solid, and more durable than the aluminum shell intermediate frequency furnace. For example, if a 5T aluminum shell medium frequency furnace is filled with molten iron, the overall weight will reach 8t, and more even 10t. When the reducer rotates the furnace body of the building to 95 degrees, the whole furnace body will tilt forward, which becomes very dangerous. Therefore, the steel shell medium frequency furnace is safer than the aluminum shell medium frequency furnace.
(2) Service Life
From the perspective of use, the average service life of a steel shell medium frequency furnace is about ten years, while the life of an aluminum shell furnace is only half of that of a steel shell furnace. So why? It is also due to the problem of materials. Because of the inherent properties of aluminum shells, aluminum is usually severely oxidized at high temperatures, which will cause the ductile fatigue of metals. We often see that some aluminum shell medium frequency furnaces that have only been used for one year or so are dilapidated at the casting enterprise site. The service life of steel shell furnaces is much longer than that of aluminum shell furnaces due to less magnetic leakage.
(3) Energy Saving and Consumption Reduction
From the perspective of energy saving and consumption reduction, the steel shell medium frequency furnace is also superior to the aluminum shell medium frequency furnace. Why? In fact, the steel shell intermediate frequency furnace is also called the steel shell hydraulic tilting furnace with magnetic yoke, while the full name of the aluminum shell intermediate frequency furnace is the aluminum shell tilting furnace with reducer. Literally, it can be seen that the steel shell furnace uses magnetic yokes, so that the magnetic yokes made of silicon steel sheets can shield and emit the magnetic lines of force generated by the induction coil, reduce magnetic leakage, improve thermal efficiency, increase output, and save 5% – 8% of energy.
Therefore, in terms of safety, service life, energy saving, and consumption reduction, it is obvious that the steel shell medium frequency furnace has more advantages than the aluminum shell medium frequency furnace and can better meet the production needs of an induction melting furnace factory.
2. According to the Different Metals Smelted by induction melting furnaces, the Furnaces Are Divided into:
The intermediate frequency steel melting furnace (iron melting furnace) is used for melting scrap steel; the aluminum melting furnace is used for melting aluminum alloy; the stainless steel melting furnace is used for melting stainless steel; the copper melting furnace is used for melting copper alloy; the gold melting furnace is used for melting gold.
3. According to the Tonnage of the Induction Melting Furnace Body, It Is Divided into:
0.25 tons, 0.5 tons, 1 ton, 2 tons, 3 tons, 5 tons, 10 tons, 15 tons, 20 tons. . . . and other intermediate frequency melting furnaces. The tonnage can be customized based on the detailed requirement of the induction melting furnace factory.
4. According to Different Power Modes of Induction Melting Furnace, It Can Be Divided into:
(1） The power supply of the induction melting furnace is in series mode and single power supply mode. Each electric furnace has one set of transformers and one set of single power supply intermediate frequency power supply systems; Each set of electric furnaces adopts the mode of double furnace body, one for standby and one for use, and single power supply. During operation, one furnace body is melted and the other one is on standby. The power of the independent intermediate frequency power supply system in each electric furnace is adjustable.
(2) The power supply of medium frequency smelting furnace is in series mode and dual power supply mode. Each electric furnace has one transformer and one series resonant medium frequency power supply system. Each electric furnace adopts dual furnace bodies, which are powered simultaneously. The dual furnace bodies have the functions of simultaneous operation, melting of one furnace body, and heating, heat preservation, and tempering of one furnace body. During normal operation, one furnace’s body melts, and the other heats up, keeps warm, and regulates. The power of each set of intermediate frequency power supply systems can be freely distributed between the two furnace shells. The power factor is 0.95 high, and constant power output is available.
(3) The power supply of the induction melting furnace is in parallel mode and is a large and small power supply. One transformer corresponds to two intermediate-frequency power supplies. Two intermediate frequency furnace bodies are configured, and two electric furnace changing switches are used for conversion. To realize one furnace body smelting and one furnace body for heat preservation, and work alternately in this way. The medium frequency furnace of this power mode is simple in configuration, small in investment, and high in power. The heat preservation works with a small power supply. The single transformer can reduce air loss of the transformer. The simultaneous casting of two furnace bodies can meet the requirements of casting large tonnage castings in the casting workshop.
As a professional induction melting furnace manufacturer, Hani Metallurgy has over 22 years of manufacturing experience in this industry and gains lots of professional technology and production experience. We are focusing on the development, design, and production of various specifications of induction melting furnaces, so if your induction melting furnace factory has any inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.